Saturday 27 June 2009

Lowdam Book Festival

I did my schtick at the Lowdam Book Festival this morning. I did about 45 minutes with two actors taking care of the readings. For the opening moments I kept calling one of them Kevin, although I knew that wasn't his name I couldn't stop myself, and eventually he interruptede to point out that his name was Gary, which I knew perfectly well. There were more there than the one man and a dog I expected which was gratifying and It seemed to go okay - people said nice things afterwards but then they would, wouldn't they?
Still no word on the project we pitched last week. Although we know we won't hear anything until the company have had a couple of important meetings, you sort of hope that there'll be a phone call along the lines of 'I'm going to do it, I'll make the board approve it, it's the best idea we've had pitched to us in years. The contract's in the post.'
Tomorrow we fly to New York for four days before visiting family in North Carolina. Sunday night will be a meal in Little Italy and jet lag. Tuesday night we're going to Waiting for Godot . That leaves two nights in hand. Monday at the Village Vanguard? Try for tickets for Shakespeare in the Park? The free concert at Battery Park? Which day do we spend in Brooklyn? So many decisions to make. I can't remember having gone on holiday in June before and it feels very decadent, like coming out of the pictures on a Sunday, or coming out of the cinema to find it's still daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment