Thursday 1 July 2010

Back to Work.

I haven't had a month's holiday since I was a student.  First night back I woke up in a panic.  Why had I been away so long?  How was I going to meet the deadlines? Then I remembered it was the end of June not the end of August. Highlights?  South Pacific at the Lincoln Centre which I didn't expect to like and loved. The Picasso at the Met. Cartier Bresson at MOMA.  Ahmad Jamal at the Bluenote.  Not bad for the first three days.
And now back to work.
I got back to a copy of We Didn't Mean to go to Sea - published by aurorametro and available from all good booksellers - a rewrite for the Buckland musical and two weeks to firm up my ideas for the Plymouth commission.  On this one I'm clearer on what I don't want to write than on what I do which is a step in the right direction.
And I have been working since Monday without a single displacement activity. Until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment